Wednesday, March 18, 2009

In the Bag


We have been back from China for about 36 hours, although most of them have been spent asleep or in jetlag fog. However, we did think to celebrate the new day-- whatever day it is-- with a Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's.

It was all I could do to drag my sorry shape into the car, but Sarah decided that as an extra bonus she would transfer her 'stuff' into her new Shanghai bought handbag. I confess that I have been eying this handbag with quiet envy-- why didn't I buy one? Because I didn't need it? I mean, really...how pathetic am I?

Before I could full answer that question, and before we were safely into Denny's, the handle on the new bag had come undone and the bag is now broken; the threads of the screw are askew.

We are very grateful that our airplane did not get its parts from the same provider.

P.S. Tom, Sarah's husband who can fix anything, attempted his magic on this loose bolt yet 24 hours later announced the surgery was a failure and the bag is dead. RIP.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home!
    Loved traveling with you and Sarah through the blogs! It took me back to China without the jet lag.

    ReplyDelete