Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bon Dimanche from Paris

We have spent a lovely few days in Barcelona and are now back in Paris, at the Hotel Pont Royal, which is the most perfect Left Bank hotel of your dreams-- small and fancy but not too fancy; some rooms with views of the Eiffel Tower. Ours has a view of the new Monoprix across the street which seems appropriate for a pair of shopping goddesses.

This morning I had planned to return to the flea market at Vanves to buy some dessert forks I didn't buy last Sunday, but the vagaries of the #95 bus and the seriousness of a $20 taxi ride seemed too much to handle. If you come to my house for dinner, be prepared to cope without proper dessert forks. Not that the ones I planned to buy were proper-- they were fish forks!

Tomorrow we are off to the factory outlets at La Vallee, the highlight of our shopping dreams. I wll also go to the supermarket out there and fill in at the Monoprix across the street...and at Le Grand Epicerie at Bon Marche, where I know I can get sirop for making Freanch marshmellows, lemon salt, etc. Bought Iberia ham for $20 for 100 grams at Barcelona iarport to find French ham from Bayonne (similar to Iberian) for $5. Meanwhile, we watch Cairo on CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment